Namibia Travel Information During COVID-19
How to get to Namibia
Safety during tours
HOW TO GET TO NAMIBIA:
If you like to travel to Namibia and wish to bypass South Africa, these are some of the options you have:
- Ethiopian Airlines (transit via Addis Ababa)
- Lufthansa (transit via Frankfurt) - do note that you are currently not permitted to travel with Lufthansa if you are from a Schengen country other than Germany. If you choose to travel via South Africa, then you can connect to Namibia with: Airlink (transit via Cape Town or Johannesburg) and West Air (transit via Cape Town and Johannesburg).
Entering into Namibia as of 01 August 2021, you are required to provide the following:
- Negative COVID-19 PCR test valid for 7 days since day of SWAP
- Completed COVID-19 Surveillance Form
- Completed Health Questionnaire for Tourism Revival Initiative Travelers Form
- Proof of Travel/Medical Insurance that covers unforeseen expenses (extended stay) in the event of testing positive to COVID-19 in Namibia.
SAFETY WHILE ON TOUR:
Oshili Namibia Travel and Tours aim to provide you with the safest possible experience in Namibia:
- Vehicles being used are sanitized before every departure and the guides regularly sanitising high risk areas, including door handles and handrails.
- Reminding guests of national protocols such as hand sanitising and mask-wearing.
COVID TESTING BEFORE DEPARTURE
While these requirements continue to change, PCR and antigen testing is available in Namibia at the cost between N$ 400.00 and N$ 1500.00, depending on the type of test required. Test results can take up to 48 hours, so do plan accordingly.
For more information, visit www.covidtestnam.com. Tests can be pre-booked, and we encourage travellers to exercise that option.
Testing can be done on return to Windhoek at both northern and southern roadblocks and is available Monday to Sunday from 08:00 to 17h00.
Travelling now-a-days are very uncertain in deed, and Oshili Namibia Travel and Tours came up with the perfect solution:
Book any tour with us until end of January 2022 and pay on arrival in Windhoek.
For more questions, get in touch with us:
1. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. WhatsApp: +264 81 425 1989
All visitors from abroad must be in possession of a passport, which must be valid for at least 6 months after end of journey and there must be at least 3 empty pages in the passport.
Tourists from Germany, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Ireland, Austria, Italy, France, the Scandinavian Countries, the Netherlands, the UK, United States of America, Canada, Japan, Tanzania, Angola, Zambia, Botswana and Mozambique do not need a visa for Namibia, provided that they are in possession of a valid air ticket for their return or onward-travel and do not stay in Namibia for more than 90 days. As these requirements may change, we ask you and your travel agent to make sure that the 'valid' requirements are observed.
Please check at passport control at the port of entry whether the validity of your residence permit is correct. It often happens that this does not correspond with your departure date (too short). Please have this sorted out immediately with passport control. Important: Oshili Namibia Travel and Tours cc cannot be held responsible for documents not being in order.
Winters are normally mild to warm, so pack light summer clothes for the middle of the day, but as it could become very cold at night - and even during the summer at the coast - warm clothes should be included.
- Bathing costumes
- Alarm clocks
Also film material should be brought along.
Evening dresses are not necessary. In the bigger hotels, gentlemen may wear a jacket for dinner.
N$= Namibia Dollar (NAD)
ZAR= South African Rand
The Namibian Dollar and the South African Rand (ZAR) have the same currency rate. For ZAR traveller's cheques, there is no restriction as well as for foreign currencies. Foreign currency traveller’s cheques must be cashed at the bank, whereas ZAR traveller's cheques will be accepted nearly everywhere.
Credit cards are widely accepted in Namibia.
At present no vaccinations are required. Malaria Prophylaxis is recommended. All persons entering Namibia may only carry medicine for their own use. This can be done by presenting an invoice. If proof cannot be provided, it might happen that the medicine will be confiscated.
The international airport of Windhoek is situated 42km outside of town.
We included the transfers in our tours, meaning Oshili Namibia Travel and Tours will either pick you up and drop you off at the airport, or arrange for your pick up and drop off at the airport.
We would like to inform you, that there are some areas in Namibia where there is no Wi-Fi and mobile phone reception.
Even in places where there is usually reception, disturbances can occur.
All run on 220/240 volts. Outlets are of the 3-pin, 15 amp type.