Terms and Conditions
The following conditions apply to all tours operated by Oshili Namibia Travel and Tours cc:
Herein after referred to as the “Tour Operator”
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS & CONDITIONS
The tour operator undertakes to provide all services offered subject to the “Terms & Conditions”, stated here in, which “Terms & Conditions” the tour member duly accepts on payment of the required deposit of a specific tour.
- The tour member agrees and acknowledges that he / she has acquainted him / her self with the “Terms & Conditions” here understated and the effect here of, as far as it is related to him / her, and agrees to be bound hereby.
2. TOUR MEMBERSHIP
All tour members are responsible for procuring their own comprehensive insurance cover, not necessarily limited and including cover against:
- Curtailment of stay, and / or unscheduled extension of stay, restructuring of tour;
- Loss or damage to luggage, personal effects, money or documents
- Death or disablement, personal injury; and
- Medical expenses.
3. TOUR PRICES AND INCREASES
The “tour price” for purposes of any tour shall be the price ruling at the time of confirmation by the tour operator, to the tour member of its acceptance of the tour member’s application for a particular tour. The tour operator reserves the exclusive right to change the price before the final quote / payment has been made, due to change of available accommodation, air ticket prices, etc.
4. RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENT
- Confirmation of reservations is subject to the receipt by the tour operator of your deposit of 40% (forty percent) of tour price.
- Balance of the tour price shall be paid no later than 60 (sixty) days prior to the tour commencement date.
- In the event of a reservation being made less than 60 (sixty) days before the tour commencement date, payment of the full tour price is required at the time of booking.
- Bank details will appear on our invoice.
- As it takes ± 5 days working days for the tour members’ payment to appear in our account, we require proof of any transfer to be submitted.
5. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUND
- The tour operator reserves the rights to cancel the reservation should payment not be received within the periods specified in terms of clause 4.
- If a tour member wishes to cancel a tour, notice of cancellation must be made in writing directly to the tour operator, in the event where of the following scale of charges shall apply:
- Ninety (90) days or more before the tour commencement date – 25% forfeiture of deposit;
- Sixty (60) days before the tour commencement date – forfeiture of 50% (fifty percent) of the tour price.
- Thirty (30) days before the tour commencement date – forfeiture of 75% (fifty percent) of the tour price.
- Less than Thirty (30) days before the tour commencement date – forfeiture of 100% (one hundred percent) of the tour price.
Illness or absenteeism
- In the event of a tour member’s withdrawal from a tour after commencement for reasons of illness, he/she should obtain a medical certificate in support of any insurance claim. The tour operator shall not be liable to make any refunds for absence from a tour.
Other than for the reason stated above and in the event there of, the tour operator shall in its exclusive discretion consider and take into account any refund, calculated as stated above.
- In the event of the tour member failure to give notice of cancellation of a tour, will result in forfeit of any monies been paid to tour operator.
6. CHANGES TO TOUR OR FACILITIES
- The tour operator reserves the right to cancel any tour, within its absolute discretion as a result of hostilities, political unrest or other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- If the tour operator has to cancel a tour or travel arrangements as the result of such circumstances then the tour operator offer the tour member without delay the choice of an alternative tour or travel arrangements, at least comparable in standard, if available or alternatively a prompt and full refund of all money paid less reasonable expenses
- In the unlikely event of there being an unscheduled extension of the tour as a result of flight delays, bad weather, strikes or any other cause reasonably beyond the tour operator’s control, the expenses relating to such unscheduled extension, rescheduling or restructuring of tour, are for the tour member’s account. The tour member is accordingly advised to insure against such an eventuality.
7. RESPONSIBILITY / LIABILITY / INDEMNITY
- The tour operator shall be responsible to the tour member for supplying the services and facilities described in the itinerary of the particular tour selected by the tour member, to the best of their ability.
- Except where such service and / or facility reasonably cannot be supplied due to delays or other causes of whatsoever nature beyond the control of tour operator. In such circumstances, the tour operator shall endeavour to supply comparable services, facilities and itineraries, strictly subject to availability.
- All baggage and personal belongings are at all times at the tour member’s own risk. It is essential that tour members arrange their own baggage insurance. The carriers at airports, hotels, golf clubs, and other suppliers who provide services and facilities to tour members are independent contractors, and are not agents, employees of the tour operator and at no stage deemed to be agents or employees of the tour operator.
- The tour operator will not be held responsible for any negligent and / or criminal conduct by third parties.
Where the tour member occupies a motor vehicle, he or she shall be required to comply with the laws relating to the use of such vehicle and the tour operator shall not be liable for any injury, illness or death or for any damages, theft or claims whatsoever arising from or in connection with any accident or incident relating to the use of such vehicle.
- Tour members participating in any activities, do so at their own risk.
- The tour operator shall not be held liable or be responsible for any death, injury or illness, resulting from a tour member participating in / on any tour and the tour member indemnifies and holds harmless the tour operator for any damages arising from any such death, injury or illness.
- Tour Packages.
Include – As indicated in final tour quote and itinerary.
Exclude – As indicated in final tour quote and itinerary
- Final itinerary will be available to the tour member after confirmation of member’s participation has been received by the tour operator.
- It is each tour member’s responsibility to ensure that his / her travel documents (including passport, health and visa documents) are in order prior to departure.
- The tour member hereby agrees to abide by the rules and bylaws relating to members and visitors at any of the golf and / or country clubs visited during the course of the tour.
- Important – It is essential for each tour member to take out travel insurance before traveling.
9. CELLPHONE RECEPTION
We would like to inform you that there are some areas in Namibia where there is no Wi-Fi or mobile phone reception.
Even in places where there is usually reception, disturbances can occur.
The law of Namibia shall govern the relationship between the tour operator and tour member, and the Namibian court of law shall have sole jurisdiction to any claims and / or disputes which may arise between the tour operator and tour member.